Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Should we set intentions for 2014?

So here we are, the last day of 2013. 

Upon reflecting on what has happened during the year 2013, I can say that there is no possible way I could have planned ANY of it. There has been such a wide array of blessings, challenges, and shifts that most of my intentions or resolutions either didn't come to pass, or took on a much greater form then I had initially imagined.

And now that its time to make a whole new set of intentions, I am brought to a pause. Perhaps deciding upon resolutions is not what I should be doing. Perhaps I need to be focused on activation. 

Allow me to expand. Setting a resolution is, by its very nature, placing intention or vision into the future. Its saying, "This is what I hope to accomplish, as 2014 proceeds". Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with that, but given my experience in life, setting intentions never pans out the way I intend. So instead, I am moved to make tonight about activating a greater awareness, a more full sense of being, a more harmonious experience with my loved ones, and bring those energies into the birth of a new year. 

I recently came across a new word for my vocabulary; entelechy, which was coined in the Aristotelian philosophy as meaning the "the realized potential of some thing or concept". In other words, the rose in full bloom is the entelechy of its seed. Our higher self is the entelechy of our local self. 

Bearing this in mind, I feel it is appropriate to activate my own entelechy or higher self at the beginning of 2014, rather then just make a to-do list. The reason is that we really don't know what the coming year will bring for us, although holding in consciousness our greatest good each day is intrinsic to creating an avenue for its expression, bringing forth what is eternally True in the here and now is essential in its expression. 

Therefore, tonight, let us not reflect on the year past and create a mere list of things we wish to accomplish. Instead let us make a declaration to the Universe that what we Activate here and now is what we wish to bring with us throughout the entirety of 2014. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but ensure there is a powerful and clear vision you choose to embody now so that each day you can return to it if you've lost focus for a moment.

You may want to meditate and pray, calling forth the entelechy of your being to have expression in this moment, and declare to life that this is who and what I am, and what I choose to create this day forward. We must not forget the power behind our words and through activating our higher self we bring the entirety of the kosmos to bear on those words. 

AUM


No comments:

Post a Comment