Tuesday, January 7, 2014

IN SPIRIT Writing

As I have begun to build myself a freelance/designing/writing business, I've been keeping my eye out for experts in the field of social marketing, networking, and how to get your stuff seen.

I am not one to shy away from what I want to write about, but recently there have been times I have felt hesitant in writing what I usually write about. Look back at most of my older posts, and they all deal with spirituality/consciousness/GOD is some way.

I have also been keeping an eye on what is usually trending on social media sites, and rarely if ever do I see something that is up my alley. I simply cannot contend with with the #Olympics, #Steammachine, or the myriad of other trending topics I really am not motivated to write about.

Am I being forced to "drop the bar" and write to what people are interested in, even though in my heart of hearts I know that what I have to say is vastly more important then anything that is currently trending? Should I concede to the status quo?

NEVER!

However, I have picked up some amazing tips on how to make my content more engaging and interesting, so even if its about a not so popular topic, it will still have the potential to engage my readers and at the very least, strike up conversation.

Apparently, everyone loves pictures. So I've made it a point to include original images in most of my posts, as well as making the share link on Google stand out among the plain posts.

I have connected with more people in the last 2 weeks on Google + then in my entire time using this social network. I have found the greatest success through engaging with people from my heart, and sharing what they find important. Especially if its original, because I wish to honor that space of Spirit that has inspired them to write and create.

Writing from the Heart and Soul is what I do. My inspiration comes from Spirit, from Truth. And I truly believe that EVERYONE'S inspiration is sourced from this same dimension. So, my worries of not being "seen" on Google are dissolving, because I know that those who are meant to see it, will.

Aum




No comments:

Post a Comment